Poo Detectives - Stage 2
Students search for clues of the animals that live in the Cumberland Plain Woodland by hunting for scats, tracks and traces using ID charts. They become Threatened Species Rangers and design a safe habitat for the Powerful Owl – and learn more about the animal by dissecting its pellet.
This excursion supports the Living World strand of the Stage 2 NSW K-6 Science and Technology Syllabus.
- Stage 2 Science
- 2 hours
- The Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan
- $12 per student. Minimum charges apply
Excursion key themes:
- Science knowledge helps us understand animals
- Actions on the environment impact the survival of living things
- Dissect an owl pellet and identify its contents to determine the owl’s diet
- Go on a tracks and traces walk through the Cumberland Plain Woodland
- Become Threatened Species Rangers and design a safe habitat for the Powerful Owl