Corporate Hire Terms and Conditions
You must abide by the Royal Botanic Gardens and Domain Trust (of which the Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan are a part) Regulations. Below are some additional terms and conditions that must also be adhered to.
The Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan (ABGMA) is open from 8am – 5pm daily (8am - 7pm summer). The Australian PlantBank is available for bookings subject to availability.
Full payment is required at the time of booking or on invoice. Tentative bookings will be valid for two (2) days pending submission of an application form. Payment can be made with MasterCard or Visa card or an invoice may be raised for registered organisations with an ABN.
The hirer agrees that they will occupy the venue at their own risk and hereby releases, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan, its servants, agents and contractors, and hereby indemnifies the Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan from and against all claims and all liability which may arise in respect of any accident or damage to property or death of, or injury to, any person of whatsoever nature or kind arising as a result of any act or neglect of an applicant or any of their invitees.
For emergency contact please call the Ranger on Duty on 0409 122 953 or the Visitor Centre on 4634 7935.
Vehicles are not permitted off the main roads of the Garden unless previously arranged. No vehicles are permitted off sealed public roads; no parking on grassed areas is permitted. Infringement notices may also be issued.
When vehicular access is authorised, ABGMA disclaims liability for any third party personal injury or property damage claims that may arise from vehicles being driven or transported on its lands.
If you have made a booking but wish to change the time or area required, please contact us between Monday and Friday for confirmation that your requirements can be met. It is then necessary for a confirmation in writing to be forwarded to us. Once this confirmation is received, an updated letter will be sent.
The hirer must:
- Be over 18 years of age to book the facility and sign the Terms and Conditions.
- State precisely the type of activity to take place in the facility.
- Under no circumstances set up in any other areas of the Garden other than the section hired.
- Adhere strictly to the hiring hours. There is no free set up time – all hirers should take into account set up and cleaning time before making a booking.
- Advise us in the booking form of any supplier providing equipment or a service to the function.
- Be responsible for the conduct of any visitor/guest either invited or otherwise during the hire period and ensure the attendance at the event does not exceed the maximum capacity of the facility. The cost of any damage caused by any person during the function will be charged to you as the hirer.
- Ensure that guests leave the facility in an orderly manner with respect to surrounding neighbours. The hirer will be responsible for any damage or inconvenience to any residents during the function and/ or when leaving the premises and will be charged accordingly.
- Be responsible for the noise level of the function.
- Notify rangers immediately if there is any threat of trouble.
- Report any accidents or injuries which occur while at the facility during times of hire to the Ranger on duty.
- Ensure the facility, including the surrounding outside areas, is clean and all windows and doors are locked when leaving.
- Ensure that there is no smoking inside the facility.
- Ensure no pets or animals are brought onto the premises.
All weekend functions and bookings proceeding past 5pm, or commencing prior to 8am, must have a Ranger on site at an additional cost to the hirer. For hourly rate, please see rate card.
Extended opening hours can be arranged on application. All bookings must conclude by 12am. Security fees apply as above.
A public holiday surcharge depending on the time that security is required may be applicable. For a quote please contact us.
Consumption of Alcohol
The Hirer must have approval for the Consumption of Alcohol.
If alcohol is to be consumed at the function you must go online and register your party with the NSW Police, and the reference number given to ABGMA.
If you are selling alcohol you must obtain a temporary liquor licence through the Independent Liquor and Gaming Authority.
Damage and Breakages
All damage/breakages must be reported to the Ranger on duty, 0409 122 953.
The hirer is responsible for the full replacement cost of any damages or breakages to the facility, its fittings and contents, and the surrounding grounds or any additional cleaning that is required.
The hirer must advise if the fire extinguishers have been used in any way. If fire equipment is used in an irresponsible manner, the cost of inspection and replenishing will be deducted from the bond.
If a fire alarm is activated unnecessarily the hirer will be liable for the fine issued by NSW Fire Brigade.
Parking, Noise and Surrounding Residents
The hirer is responsible for the preservation of good order during and following the hire of the facility.
Vehicles should only be in designated parking areas and STRICTLY not on any grass or planted areas.
Hirer will be charged for any damage caused and may be fined via an Infringement Notice issued by a Ranger.
Public address systems are not permitted in the Garden without prior consent. Quiet pre-recorded music or a small live ensemble is allowed with prior consent.
The hirer must notify ABGMA at least two weeks prior to the event of any suppliers who will be providing goods or services (for example catering, DJ, equipment). A copy of their current public liability insurance to the value of $10 million must be provided to ABGMA, along with details of drop off and pick up times. This must be arranged by the hirer.
Marquees, jumping castles and other structures may be erected within the Garden with prior approval from ABGMA at designated sites (at Marquee Lawn or Lakeside Pavilion only). A refundable bond may be applicable.
Prior to the installation of marquees, jumping castles and/or other structures, ABGMA must be consulted about location, any special requirements, set up and pull down times. During the installation of marquees and/or any other structures, the immediate area is to be made safe to the public, in accordance with relevant WH&S policies.
All goods brought in by the hirer must be removed from the premises no later than the time specified on the hiring agreement, unless prior arrangement has been made
Please note all hirers are responsible for the care and control of their own property/personal effects and loss or damage to such items is not covered by ABGMA.
Decorations are welcome at the hire sites however they must all be removed at the conclusion of the function and must not damage the facility.
NO smoke machines are allowed.
Throwing of confetti, glitters, sprays, poppers or rice or any plant material (e.g. rose petals) is not permitted. Live material in table decorations and bouquets is permitted but must be removed from the premises after the function. Table scatters and glitter are not permitted in the Australian PlantBank.
NO TAPE is to be placed on the floor or items pinned or stuck to the walls or wall panels. Talk to our staff about options for decorating the venues.
With the exception of one 3x3m pop-up shade structure, up to two small fold-up tables and a maximum of 12 skid-based chairs (to avoid unnecessary damage to turf), no additional furniture or structures are permitted without prior authorisation.
Items must not be attached to trees, buildings or other fixed structures.
Fees and Bond
The total fee must be paid to confirm your booking.
No tentative bookings will be accepted.
If a bond is applicable, it is to be paid prior to hire.
An inspection will be conducted after the function. The bond will be returned by cheque within 21 days dependant on the hirer having met the Terms and Conditions of hire.
Cancellation of Bookings
If you wish to cancel your booking, cancellation must be made in writing to email@example.com In the event of cancellation, the following fees will be retained by the Trust:
- Cancellations received more than one month prior to your booking will be given a 50% refund of the total fee received.
- Cancellations received less than one month prior to your booking will not be given a refund.
- Cancellations made less than 72 hours prior will not receive refund on catering either.
Cancellation due to inclement weather:
- A 50% refund of the venue hire fee will be given if you have notified the functions and events officer on 02 4634 7903 before 9:00am on the day of your booking. If calling on a weekend, a message must be left on the voicemail. To process your refund we require a written cancellation (as above) which must be received by the functions and events officer no more than 14 days after your booking date.
The Trust reserves the right to cancel venue bookings in the case of adverse weather or any other factors that may affect public safety. A refund of fees paid to ABGMA will be issued.
The Trust reserves the right to undergo construction of any location without giving prior warning to hirers. If construction in any way stops the ability of your function to go ahead, a full refund will be made.
If a venue booking is cancelled because the Garden is closed or, in the reasonable opinion of the Trust, the venue is unusable for any reason, the hirer hereby agrees and acknowledges that the Trust will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss that the hirer may suffer.
The hirer hereby releases the Trust, its servants, agents and contractors from any claims, losses, and liabilities which may arise as a result of a venue booking cancellation.
The following changes to the NSW Smoke-free Environment Act 2000, now apply to any buildings within the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan:
- From 6 July 2015, commercial outdoor dining areas in NSW will be smoke-free.
- Smoking will be a banned within 4 metres of a pedestrian entry or exit from a hospitality venue (the ‘4 metre law’).
- The bans apply to any ignited smoking product including cigarettes, pipes and water-pipes.
Penalties for non-compliance may apply:
- on the spot fines of $300 for individuals;
- a fine of up to $550 for a business owner who does not display ‘no smoking’ signs in an outdoor dining area;
- up to $5,500 for a business owner if a customer is found to be smoking in the outdoor dining area.
The Garden provides designated smoking areas for all of its buildings and as hirer, you agree to enforce these new laws with your guests.