This venue a Tier 2 site and therefore is an exclusive hire and BBQ and lawn area around the shelter.
As part of your hire for this shelter you can bring in:
- Your own gas BBQ
- Up to two tables
- Up to 30 chairs (chairs must be broad feet chairs)
- One 3m x 3m pop up shade structure (must be weighted not pegged)
You can bring any of these commercial activities for $120 per event:
- An additional two tables and 30 chairs (chairs must be broad feet chairs)
- Entertainment provider (e.g. a face painter, clown, entertainer, character)
- A caterer serving food
- A live accoustic ensemble of up to four people
- A commercial photographer
Prices are for site hire only and do not include any security fees that may be incurred if functions fall outside of Garden opening hours.
Commercial activities that are brought in for functions require permission from the Garden. A commercial operator is considered anyone who makes money from their activity regardless of whether that operator is charging you for the service (ie friend or family member providing the service). This is a list of commonly used commercial activities for events. If you have other commercial activities you would like to bring in for your event, please speak with staff for approval.
This Garden has ample parking and paths for bike riding. Shelter 2 is the newer of the picnic shelter facilities.
Terms and Conditions of Use
If you are interested in Banksia Picnic Shelter 2 as your next venue, please read the Terms and Conditions before enquiring.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions before applying for the venue hire.
For further information please contact the Visitor Centre on 02 4634 7935 or email firstname.lastname@example.org