Playground Picnic Tables
$150 (inc hire of 2 tables only)
Parking and toilets (both in the P3 or overflow car park)
The playground at the Australian Botanic Garden is a popular place for little people and now you can hire tables within the playground for your next little person party.
Hire of the tables does NOT provide exclusive use of the playground (we all have to share this great space), but it does provide you with 2 booked picnic tables on the grassed area in the playground and as part of your hire you can bring in:
- Your own gas BBQ
- Up to two tables
- Up to 30 chairs (chairs must be broad feet chairs)
- One 6m x 3m pop up shade structure or two 3m x 3m shade structures (must be weighted not pegged)
You can bring any of these commercial activities for $120 per event :
- An additional two tables and 30 chairs (chairs must be broad feet chairs)
- Entertaiment provider (e.g. a face painter, clown, entertainer, character)
- A caterer serving food
- A commercial photographer
Prices are for site hire only and do not include any security fees that may be incurred if functions fall outside of Garden opening hours.
Commercial activities that are brought in for functions require permission from the Garden. A commercial operator is considered anyone who makes money from their activity regardless of whether that operator is charging you for the service (ie friend or family member providing the service). This is a list of commonly used commercial activities for events. If you have other commercial activities you would like to bring in for your event, please speak with staff for approval.
- Glass Products and the consumption of alcohol are not permitted in the playground area
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times
- The 'Flying Fox - Cableway' is designed for children aged 7 - 11 years, the manufacturers weight limit is 50kg. Please respect this safety requirement and help to keep children safe.
- Please climb on our play equipment, not our trees
The Playground cannot be hired exclusively as this space must remain available to all visitors to the Garden.
Please visit the Site Map for the location.
Terms and Conditions of Use
If you are interested in hiring the Playground tables as your next venue, please read the Terms and Conditions before enquiring.
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions before applying for the venue hire.
For further information please contact the Visitor Centre on 02 4634 7935 or email email@example.com.