Like all great Botanic Gardens, the Australian Botanic Garden has rules and regulations to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all visitors. The rules also help us protect the Garden's plant and animal life.
Rangers enforce the rules under NSW State law. If you ignore or break them, you could be fined.
We may occasionally reserve any part of the Australian Botanic Garden for one or more of the following:
- Organised sporting activities
- Organised entertainment
- Organised ceremonies
- Any other organised activity.
Entry to Trust lands - in general
The Trust may give any one or more of the following directions:
- A direction limiting the number of persons who may enter any part of the Trust lands
- A direction closing to the public any part of the Trust lands (including any reserved land and any road, path or building)
- A direction charging admission to any part of the Trust lands
- A direction imposing conditions (such as conditions prohibiting the possession or consumption of alcohol) subject to which the public may enter any part of the Trust lands.
A direction under this clause may be given:
- In any case - by means of a sign displayed on or adjacent to the part of the Trust lands concerned, or
- In the case of a direction referred to above - by means of an instruction given orally by an authorised person
- A person must not fail to comply with a direction given under this clause.
Filming and Photography
Please note that the flying of kites, model planes, helicopters and drones is strictly prohibited at the Australian Botanic Gardens and permission for these activities will not be granted for non-commercial filming. For more information please contact us.
- General visitors - If you are a visitor to the gardens seeking to document your visit for personal use with photos and filming, no permit is required.
Entry to the Australian Botanic Garden
Fees and charges
Disposal of waste
Protection of the Garden
Camping, erection or occupation of tents and similar activities on Trust lands
Vehicles in the Garden
Prohibited non-meter parking