Your Garden Calendar Competition
If you fancy yourself as a bit of a photographer and would like the chance to win some great prizes and have your image published in print, then we have a great competition for you.
Between 1 July 2020 and 30 June 2021, the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan is running a photographic competition to find the 12 best images to use in their annual Australian Botanic Garden Calendar.
Each month three (3) finalists will be chosen and voted on by the public to go into the calendar. Each monthly winner will have their image published in the calendar and receive a $50 gift voucher to use at the Garden’s Visitor Centre and Gift Shop. The overall winner of the competition will receive a $1,000 cash prize.
To enter, just upload a photo taken at the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan to a public Instagram profile using #AustralianBG and #YourGardenCalendar in the caption - oh and you must be following the Australian Botanic Garden (@AustralianBG) on Instagram.
Judges will be looking for images that show the breadth of beauty that the Garden displays across the year such as the Garden's landscapes, wildlife, people enjoying the Gardens and of course, the gorgeous flowers and plants on display. Judging will be based on:
- Whether the entry follows the monthly theme
This year the judges have set monthly themes for entrants to follow which are:
- July - Photographers choice
- August - Animals/birds/insects
- September - Plants
- October - Landscapes
- November - Photographers choice
- December - Animals/birds/insects
- January - Plants
- February - Landscapes
- March - Photographers choice
- April - Animals/birds/insects
- May - Plants
- June - Landscapes
Competition starts 1 July 2020 and runs until 30 June 2021 with monthly winners announced by the 15th of each following month.
So get snapping. We can’t wait to see your amazing entries on Instagram!
Order the 2021 calendar now!
Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of entry for Your Garden Calendar photo competition 2020
All entries are subject to the following terms and conditions - please ensure you review before entering the competition:
- The promoter is THE TRUSTEE FOR ROYAL BOTANIC GARDENS AND DOMAIN TRUST, ABN 22988772206, Botanical Gardens 5 Mrs Macquaries Rd SYDNEY NSW 2000
- Entry is open to all Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan visitors
- To enter and be eligible for juding, participants must upload a photo taken at the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan to a public Instagram profile using #AustralianBG and #YourGardenCalendar in the caption (by using these hashtags on your entry, you have agreed to the Terms and Conditions listed here) and ensure they meet the following criteria:
- the entrant must be following the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan (@AustralianBG) on Instagram
- the post must be geotagged to show evidence you were at the Garden and the caption of the image must include where in the Garden your image in was taken (ie, The Connections, Wattle Garden, Woodland etc)
- the photo must follow the theme set for the month (see competition intro above)
- entries must be single images only - no carousel posts
- entries that include content such as feral animals (ie. rabbits, foxes etc), are not eligible for judging.
- The promotion opens at 9am AEST on 1 July 2020 and closes 9pm AEST 30 June 2021.
- The prizes for this competition are for your photograph to be featured in a calendar created by the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan marketing staff.
- Each monthly winner will receive a gift voucher to the value of $50 that can be used at the Visitor Centre at the Australian Botanic Garden. In addition to this the competition sponsor Camera House Macarthur, will provide the monthly winner with a $50 gift voucher for use at the Camera House Macarthur Store. If the vouchers are not used in full, no cash refund will be given for the difference.
- One (1) overall winner will be chosen at the end of the competition and they will receive a prize of $1,000 cash.
- The non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- For the duration of the competition period, on the 1st of each month a panel of judges will shortlist three photos to be uploaded to @AustralianBG Instagram. The post that gains the highest number of likes by 15th of each month will have their photo printed in the calendar. Only likes against the images as posted by the Garden on the Garden's Instagram account will be used to select the monthly winner.
- It is a condition of entry that, if shortlisted, the person must supply the image in the format specified here. Images selected for shortlist must be electronically delivered to the Australian Botanic Gardens Visitor Experience team within three (3) days of the monthly finalists being announced.
- By entering the competition the entrant agrees to their image being used by the Garden in the promotion of this competition and any future Garden marketing and promotion.
- The finalisation of the winner will take place by the 25th of each month.
- Once an entrant has been chosen as a monthly winner, any further entries they submit for the competition, will not be eligible for judging.
- Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prize cannot be transferred.
- The prize winners will be contacted via email, Facebook or Instagram.
- If the winner is under 18 years of age the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.