The Australian Botanic Garden is open from 8.00 am all year round. It closes at 7.00 pm in summer and 5.00 pm in autumn, winter and spring.
The Australian PlantBank is available for bookings subject to availability.
The hirer must:
- Be over 18 years of age to book the facility and sign the Terms and Conditions.
- State precisely the type of activity to take place in the facility.
- Under no circumstances set up in any other areas of the Garden other than the section hired.
- Adhere strictly to the hiring hours. There is no free set up time – all hirers should take into account set up and cleaning time before making a booking.
- Advise us in the booking form of any supplier providing equipment or a service to the function.
- Be responsible for the conduct of any visitor/guest either invited or otherwise during the hire period and ensure the attendance at the event does not exceed the maximum capacity of the facility.
- Ensure that guests leave the facility in an orderly manner with respect to surrounding neighbours. The hirer will be responsible for any damage or inconvenience to any residents during the function and/ or when leaving the premises and will be charged accordingly.
- Be responsible for the noise level of the function.
- Notify rangers immediately if there is any threat of trouble.
- Report any accidents or injuries which occur while at the facility during times of hire to the Ranger on duty.
- Ensure the facility, including the surrounding outside areas, is clean and all windows and doors are locked when leaving.
- Ensure that there is no smoking inside the facility.
- Ensure no pets or animals are brought onto the premises.
All weekend functions and bookings commencing prior to 8.00 am or proceeding past 5.00 pm must have a Garden ranger on site at an additional cost to the hirer. Please refer to the rate card.
Extended opening hours can be arranged on application. All bookings must conclude by 12.00 am. Security fees apply, as above.
On public holidays, a surcharge may be incurred for the time security is required. Please contact the Garden for more information.
Consumption of Alcohol
The hirer must have approval for the consumption of alcohol.
If you are selling alcohol, you must obtain a temporary liquor licence through Liquor and Gaming NSW.
Damage and Breakage
All damage and breakages must be reported to the Garden's ranger on duty. This can be done by calling 0409 122 953.
The hirer is responsible for the full replacement cost of any damage or breakages to the facility, its fittings and contents, and the surrounding grounds.
The hirer is responsible for any additional cleaning that may be required.
The hirer must advise if the fire extinguishers have been used in any way. If the fire equipment is used in an irresponsible manner the host of inspections and replenishing will be deducted from the bond.
If a fire alarm is activated unnecessarily the hirer will be liable for the fine issued by Fire and Rescue NSW.
Parking, Noise and Surrounding Areas
The hirer is responsible for the preservation of good order during and following the hire of the facility.
Vehicles should only be in designated parking areas and strictly not on any grass or planted areas.
Hirer will be charged for any damage caused and may be fined via an infringement notice issued by a Garden ranger.
Public address systems are not permitted in the Garden without prior consent. Quiet pre-recorded music or a small live ensemble is allowed with prior consent.
The hirer must notify the Garden at least two (2) weeks prior to the booking of any suppliers that will be providing goods or services (e.g. catering, DJ, equipment).
A copy of the supplier's public liability insurance to the value of $10 million must be provided to the Garden, along with details of drop off and pick up times. This must be arranged by the hirer.
Marquees, jumping castles and other structures may be erected within the Garden, with prior approval, at the Marquee Lawn and Lakeside Pavilion only. A refundable bond may be applicable.
Prior to the installation of marquees, jumping castles and/or other structures, the Garden must be consulted about the location, any special requirements, set up and pull down times.
During the installation of marques and/or other structures, the immediate area is to be made safe to the public in accordance with relevant WH&S policies.