The Australian Botanic Garden is open from 8.00 am all year round. It closes at 7.00 pm in summer and 5.00 pm in autumn, winter and spring.
The Australian PlantBank is available for bookings subject to availability.
The hirer must:
- Be over 18 years of age to book the facility and sign the Terms and Conditions.
- State precisely the type of activity to take place in the facility.
- Under no circumstances set up in any other areas of the Garden other than the section hired.
- Adhere strictly to the hiring hours. There is no free set up time – all hirers should take into account set up and cleaning time before making a booking.
- Advise us in the booking form of any supplier providing equipment or a service to the function.
- Be responsible for the conduct of any visitor/guest either invited or otherwise during the hire period and ensure the attendance at the event does not exceed the maximum capacity of the facility.
- Ensure that guests leave the facility in an orderly manner with respect to surrounding neighbours. The hirer will be responsible for any damage or inconvenience to any residents during the function and/ or when leaving the premises and will be charged accordingly.
- Be responsible for the noise level of the function.
- Notify rangers immediately if there is any threat of trouble.
- Report any accidents or injuries which occur while at the facility during times of hire to the Ranger on duty.
- Ensure the facility, including the surrounding outside areas, is clean and all windows and doors are locked when leaving.
- Ensure that there is no smoking inside the facility.
- Ensure no pets or animals are brought onto the premises.
All weekend functions and bookings commencing prior to 8.00 am or proceeding past 5.00 pm must have a Garden ranger on site at an additional cost to the hirer. Please refer to the rate card.
Extended opening hours can be arranged on application. All bookings must conclude by 12.00 am. Security fees apply, as above.
On public holidays, a surcharge may be incurred for the time security is required. Please contact the Garden for more information.