You must abide by Royal Botanic Garden and Domain Trust (of which the Australian Botanic Garden, Mount Annan is part) Regulations and the venue hire General Terms and Conditions. Below are some additional terms and conditions for picnic venue hires that must also be adhered to in addition to the General Terms and Conditions.
Payment for picnic bookings must be made at time of booking and are made through the online booking calendar.
Cleaning and waste management
Rubbish disposal is the responsibility of the hirer and must be taken with you at the conclusion of the event. Failure to do so may result in the loss of bond money, or part thereof. The area you use must not be damaged and must be left clean and tidy. This includes:
- All rubbish is to be placed in bags and taken away with the hirer, or placed in bins where provided.
- All litter is to be removed from the picnic area and surrounding gardens, including cigarette butts and general rubbish.
- If BBQs have been used, the plate must be left clean and free of food.
- The use of portable barbecues needs prior approval. Gas BBQs only are allowed. Barbecue residues must be collected in drip trays and portable barbeques must be sufficiently elevated to prevent radiated heat damaging the turf.
- Hot water, oil, fat, ice and dry ice must not be tipped on the grass or disposed of in the Garden. If in doubt, contact a Garden Ranger for advice on how to dispose of these items safely.
Your presence on site indicates that you accept liability for any damage to property caused by your function
Certain venues require a ranger escort and will be assigned to your event by Garden staff. The dedicated ranger is there to:
• Escort suppliers to and from the venue
• Escort elderly or guests with accessibility issues to and from the venue. If there is an elderly/accessibility guest attending your event the ranger will escort, the car that the guest is already in, up to the venue.
Please become familiar with what is included in your picnic venue hire and what is not included. For details, please see the comparison table.
Please see the comparison table for details on what items you can bring with you as part of a standard picnic booking and other items that you can bring with you for an additional fee.
Permitted pop-up structures must be weighted down and not pegged into the ground. Picnic equipment should not impede any public pathways, impose on any flower beds or touch Gardens trees.
In high winds, please take your structure down or likewise if directed to by Garden staff.
You are NOT permitted to bring inflatable structures, mechanical rides or dunking machines.
Playground Picnic Tables
Please be aware of what is allowed for picnic tables hires under the Picnic Site Comparison Table
and in addition to that, the following applies for the tables in the Playground:
- Glass Products and the consumption of alcohol are not permitted in the playground area
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times
- The 'Flying Fox - Cableway' is designed for children aged 7 - 11 years, the manufacturers weight limit is 50kg. Please respect this safety requirement and help to keep children safe.
- Please climb on our play equipment, not our trees.