Set in a cool, moist and sheltered gully, the Banksia Garden features well-known Australian plant groups including grevilleas, waratahs, banksias, hakeas and rainforest species.
Banksia Shelter 1 is the first shelter you will arrive at on the left of the road as you approach Banksia Garden.
Hire of this shelter includes:
- Shelter only (BBQs do not form part of hire and must be shared with other Garden visitors)
As part of this hire you may bring with you:
- Your own gas BBQ
- One 6m x 3m pop up shade structure (weighted, not pegged) to be used over rugs or grassed area immediately beside the shelter.
For an additional feel you can also:
- Bring in a caterer to drop off food only
- Have a children's entertainer, ie, face painter, clown etc
- Have a commercial photographer to capture your memories
this picnic shelter is classified as a Picnic Shelter
site within the Garden. Please refer to our Picnic Site Comparison Table
for what you can bring to your event and other special restrictions that may apply to your booking.