Your Garden Calendar Competition
If you fancy yourself as a bit of a photographer and would like the chance to win some great prizes and have your image published in print, then we have a great competition for you.
Between 1 July 2019 and 30 June 2020, the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan is running a photographic competition to find the 12 best images to use in their first ever Australian Botanic Garden Calendar.
Each month three (3) finalists will be chosen and voted on by the public to go into the calendar. Each monthly winner will have their image published in the calendar and receive a $50 gift voucher to use at the Garden’s Visitor Centre and Gift Shop. The overall winner of the competition will receive a $1,000 cash prize.
To enter, just upload a photo taken at the Australian Botanic Garden to a public Instagram profile using #AustralianBG and #YourGardenCalendar in the caption - oh and you must be following the Australian Botanic Garden (@AustralianBG) on Instagram.
Judges will be looking for images that show the breadth of beauty that the Garden displays across the year such as the Garden's landscapes, wildlife, people enjoying the Gardens and of course, the gorgeous flowers and plants on display.
Competition starts 1 July 2019 and runs until 30 June 2020 with monthly winners announced by the 15th of each following month.
So get snapping. We can’t wait to see your amazing entries on Instagram!
Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of entry for Your Garden Calendar photo competition 2019
All entries are subject to the following terms and conditions - please ensure you review before entering the competition:
- The promoter is THE TRUSTEE FOR ROYAL BOTANIC GARDENS AND DOMAIN TRUST, ABN 22988772206, Botanical Gardens 5 Mrs Macquaries Rd SYDNEY NSW 2000
- Entry is open to all Australian Botanic Garden visitors
- To enter, participants need to upload a photo from Australian Botanic Garden to a public Instagram profile using #AustralianBG and #YourGardenCalendar in the caption and the entrant must be following the Australian Botanic Garden (@AustralianBG) on Instagram. By using these hashtags on your entry, you have agreed to the Terms and Conditions listed here.
- The promotion opens at 9am AEST on 1 July 2019 and closes 9pm AEST 30 June 2020.
- The prizes for this competition are for your photograph to be featured in a calendar created by the Australian Botanic Garden marketing staff. Each monthly winner will receive a gift voucher to the value of $50 that can be used either at the Visitor Centre or Restaurant at the Australian Botanic Garden. If the voucher is not used in full, no cash refund will be given for the difference. One (1) overall winner will be chosen at the end of the competition and they will receive a prize of $1,000 cash.
- The non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- For the duration of the competition period, on the 1st of each month a panel of judges will shortlist three photos to be uploaded to @AustralianBG Instagram. The post that gains the highest number of likes by 15th of each month will have their photo printed in the calendar created in June 2020. It is a condition of entry that, if shortlisted, the person can supply the image in high resolution format (min. 300 Dpi) for printing and must be in landscape. Images selected for shortlist must be electronically delivered to the Australian Botanic Gardens Visitor Experience team within one week of request.
- By entering the competition the entrants agrees to their image being used by the Garden in the promotion of this competition and any future Garden marketing and promotion.
- The finalisation of the winner will take place on 16th of each month.
- Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prize cannot be transferred.
- The prize winners will be contacted via email, Facebook Twitter or Instagram.
- If the winner is under 18 years of age the prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian.
- The Australian Botanic Garden may post the name of the winners on its Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages to promote the competition.
- The promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Instagram.