Dear Tour Group Organiser,
To make your visit to the Australian Botanic Garden easy, we have some basic information for you and your tour group.
The Australian Botanic Garden is a 416 hectare estate that was developed as part of the New South Wales Bicentenary celebrations in 1988. Dedicated to showcasing the unique and diverse flora of Australia, the Garden comprises highly manicured garden areas such as the Connections Garden along with sprawling grasslands, woodlands and wetlands.
Groups arriving by coach will find ample coach parking throughout the Garden, toilets as well as picnic shelters and seating. Coaches should park in the designated coach parking in front of the Visitor Centre.
Our tours include a 90 minute tour of the Australian PlantBank (this is by foot so advised for mobile groups) or a 60 minute tour of the Garden (our guides hop on your bus and give you an overall tour of the estate).
Facilities for visitors include the Visitor Centre providing information on the Garden and a broad selection of botanically inspired gifts.
The Growing Friends sell an excellent selection of native Australian plants at the Visitor Centre that represent the range of stunning plants on display at the Garden.
Currently the Garden does not have a functioning cafe. It is recommended that you bring your own food and beverages.
Tour groups must pay in one lump sum. Payments must be made 7 days prior to the tour date. A 50 per cent cancellation fee will be charged for any cancellations regardless of when they are made. Cancellations must be made in writing.
Payment can be made by cash, cheque, credit (MasterCard and Visa only) or EFTPOS.
When booking your group tour, please think about:
- The minimums for each tour (Garden Tour - 15, PlantBank - 9, maximum 20).
- If your group can't reach the minimum, you can either pay the minimum fee or just visit the Garden and complete your own tour.
- Each tour is different in length. PLease ensure you have the corrent tour length when organising your itinerary.
- The Australian Botanic Garden is open every day, however our tours can only be offered on weekdays (Monday to Friday) and not weekends or public holidays.
- The on-site restaurant is unable to cater for any groups that do not book in advance. They are very busty and are happy to help you with catering as long as you get in contact with them beforehand.
- You must book your tour in advance. We simply do not have the resources to provide tours without notice.
For more information please contact our friendly staff at the Visitor Centre by calling (02) 4634 7935.