Learn about the fascinating world of botanic science and horticulture as The Festival of Place heads to the Australian Botanic Garden Mount Annan’s free community event to celebrate Botanic Gardens Day on Saturday May 28.
Celebrated by over 100 botanic gardens across Australia every year, Botanic Gardens Day aims to highlight the important work botanic gardens undertake to understand and protect plants while inspiring the next generation of researchers. Download the event map and see 'important information' further below for presentation and tour times, free shuttle bus service details and parking information.
- Free shuttle bus services to and from Campbelltown train station and within the garden (see important info below for more detail)
- Science & horticulture presentations (see important info below for speakers and times)
- Hands-on activities for the whole family
- Interactive and educational stalls along the forecourt of the brand-new National Herbarium of NSW
- Food trucks & a podcast listening station to sample some of the Garden’s best Branch Out podcast episodes.
This event is part of the NSW Government’s Festival of Place that celebrates the breadth, beauty and possibilities of NSW’s great public spaces and is proudly supported by Inspiring Australia.